Why we started this idea????

A passion for food, wine, friends and entertaining is a big part of our life. This is a way for us to document our experiences, passion for food & life and also share it with others.




Saturday, January 29, 2011

A Good Day for Granola

G is Mr. Coffee, he loves it, loves to make just the perfect cup for our guests, drink with his morning paper. I hate coffee, never have liked even when I tried to. But I LOVE chai tea latte’s, if we don’t walk up to get our weekend fix G will usually make me one at home using my favorite Oregon chai concentrate. Just the spicy, sweet smell of chai is comforting for me.
So when I was looking through some of the other Gutsy Cook Club blogs and found Chai Tea Granola from Michelle’s On and Off my plate it was just enough inspiration to motivate me to make some on this rainy gray Saturday.
Ready for the honey chai mixture
I didn’t have, nor could I find flaxseed at Metropolitan Market (I’m sure I was looking in the wrong spot) so I skipped that part. Used almonds, pepitas and sunflower seeds as my nuts. Dried Cranberries, blueberries, & golden raisins for the fruit. I left out the optional coconut too. Brewed Celestial Seasonings Indian Spiced Chai for the brewed part and used Tazo Organic Chai for the loose leaves.
Ready for the oven
Easy to make. Light &  tasty, the perfect topping for greek yogurt or just a good mid day munching snack.
It made a large portion
Thanks Michelle for sharing this yummy, healthy treat. Made some to send home with some of our friends coming to share dessert this evening too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear about your favorite meals, restaurants, or wines, as well as anything else you'd like to share.....